Saturday 13 June 2009

First Quilty Post

My main blog (Oak Tree Cottage) is really a personal diary, so I've decided to split out the quilting side of my life for two reasons. I would like this blog to become a permanent journal of all my creations, and plan to gradually add pictures and descriptions of quilts long finished and gone from my collection, as well as current and recently finished projects. I also wanted a blog where I could play with fancy backgrounds and generally "pretty" up. I'm currently investigating digital scrapbooking, if I didn't already think I wasted too much time in front of the computer, it's about to double LOL!

Anyway, just to get us started, here's a picture of one of my favourite quilts, it's on my bed most nights and is one I made in (about) 1995, soon after we moved into our current home. As soon as I find my original quilt journal I'll put a more definite date on it. It was made for the spare bedroom which has a lavender carpet, but has somehow migrated into the main bedroom!

Extra Note: I've found the journal, the quilt was started in August 1997 and finished on 10th July 1998, the pattern was called "Andrews Stars" and the wadding apparently came from John Lewis! The quilting is a very simple grid sewn in the ditch.


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, you kept this quiet - or I am just not very observant at present.

    Welcome to two-blog land {grin}, didn't realise before but that's you, Flummery, and me who are crazy enough to run two of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Sewali - how many quilts and project do you think you have made since you started quilting? I know that someone asked me to list all of my quilts (nothing else) and I have lost count after 40......some are still with me but most have been given away! I think I still have pictures of most of them though.

    ReplyDelete