Sunday, 8 November 2009

Hair Straightener Bag / Mat

I had a birthday recently and was lucky enough to be given a lovely set of hair straighteners. That meant I needed to make another heat resistant bag for them, so here's my latest little bit of sewing. I still need to put a couple of buttons on it, but I'm happy with the end result. Now I just need to get a dressing table to put it on :o).

Sunday, 1 November 2009

Utility Sewing

Today's project was a liner for the log basket. This is something OH has been asking me to make for some time, hopefully now we won't need to hoover every time we move the basket. It took a couple of goes to get the design right, I started by making the side piece out of one long piece of fabric, but as the bottom is narrower than the top, I ended up with a lop-sided affair. Mark II is still slightly full, but it'll probably shrink when it's washed, hopefully no more than the extra fullness! There are all kinds of refinements I could make to the design, and would if I were making another one, but for now it does the job it was meant for, and that's all that matters! Back to the quilting ...