I've finished a second pair of socks, this time for me. I'm really pleased with them, they've very comfy and fit perfectly. They're made from Regia Bamboo yarn (colour Jamaica) which is 45% bamboo, 40% wool and 15% nylon. Like most things with bamboo in them, they're very soft. These pictures are a bit washed out, they're quite a bit brighter in real life!
Friday, 12 February 2010
Thursday, 11 February 2010
I've managed to get another quilt finished, this is good because it means I can say I've finished one a month so far this year! It's the strippy quilt we did at club, I'm quite pleased with how it's come out and I've also practised a bit of free machine quilting in the borders. It's about 1.5m square, was made entirely from my stash (that must be a first!). It's all batik fabric, has Quilters Dream Puff wadding and is quilted with a King Tut thread. The eagle eyed amongst you may spot that the shape of the flowers was inspired by this blog's background :o). It'll probably just go into my stash as a sample quilt.
Monday, 1 February 2010
Since everyone else is knitting socks, I decided I would have to have a go too :o). Fortunately, unlike quilting, you can get going pretty cheaply, I bought a couple of balls of wool and some needles and got a free pattern, so I was all set to go. I've knitted one sock, OH is very chuffed with it, but says that his other foot is cold LOL! I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the first one was finished, and amazed at the kitchener garter stitch used to finish the toe. Quite magic! Sock No 2 is about 2" long, I've committed to finishing it by the weekend, so I'd better hope there's some good telly this week. I'll post a better picture once the pair is complete. The wool is actually shades of blue, not grey.