The total for the year so far is looking a little better, with another proper finish today. After running a machine quilting workshop a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired to get going on a top I've had hanging around for a while now. The Accidental Quilt is so named because it started life destined to be the pieced borders of the Aqua Batik Quilt. However, once I'd got them made up (I can't imagine where I found the patience to put all those half square triangles together!), I realised the colour was completely wrong, much too much of a yellow green rather than a blue green. I wasn't going to waste all that effort, however, so I sewed the strips into a rectangle instead.
The fabrics are all batiks, I've used Quilters Dream Wool for the wadding (it has a nice puff to it) and used the Cotton Patch's own brand of thread, which I have on good authority is the same as Sulky Blendables. It certainly looks identical to a reel of Blendables that I have, and it ran through the machine very nicely without producing a lot of lint. I used the Golden Threads Quilting Paper to draw up the quilting design, it's a great technique even if it takes longer to remove the paper than to sew the design! I went for an all-over wave-like pattern which is sewn in rows across the quilt, there are a total of 18 interlocking rows. I used the same thread top and bottom, with the result that the quilting shows up much more on the light backing fabric, an effect I'm very pleased with.
Here is Fatcat modelling the finished quilt :o). Click on any picture to enlarge it.
And here he is helping with one of the paper removal stages ...