Wednesday 28 April 2010

Cushion

Just a quick project, I've had an uncovered cushion pad on my chair in the conservatory for rather longer than I care to admit, so today I finished off the cover. I've done a bit of free motion quilting using the Golden Threads quilting paper and experimenting with markers. I've discovered that using a felt tip pen is a great idea as it doesn't coat your hands like pencil lead does, but if you use a high contrast pen (say black) on a light background fabric, every tiny scrap of marked paper that's left behind shows up as a black dot. Not so good when you have rows of stitching close together. You learn something every time :o).

I just used a scrap of leftover Warm & Natural wadding, and I quilted with Robison-Anton Super Stitch 40wt in Pastel Variegated. Of course I quilted it on my trusty Bernina 630 with BSR attached - how did I manage before I had this wonderful machine??? LOL! The fabrics are from the Aviary collection by 3 Sisters (Moda) with some Osnaburg for the backing.





1 comment: