Sunday 3 January 2010

Another Oldie - Yellow Double Irish Chain

This is a quilt that I made for my best friend's wedding. It was made during January and February 1998 from fabric that came from an interior design store called Biggie Best. This was a South African franchise and was very similar to Laura Ashley in what they were producing at the time. My bathroom curtains are made from the leftovers of the floral fabric LOL! The design is Double Irish Chain and the quilting is a very simple in the ditch grid, something I did rather a lot of on early quilts. The wadding used is Hobbs Heirloom - probably the 80/20 cotton/poly blend. It's a big king size quilt.

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely. I bet your friends were thrilled with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell sometimes Sue, I hope they were pleased with it, but I'm very cautious about making bed quilts for other people nowadays. Bedroom décor is such a personal thing.

    ReplyDelete